Palm Sunday begins Holy Week – that week running up to Easter where we remember Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey. Both Matthew and John quote Zechariah 9:9-10 in their accounts of Jesus’ entrance into Jerusalem in their gospels.
We are praying that where ever you are, this is a blessed time as we together spend time with our wonderful, God – our Heavenly Father, Jesus the Son and His Holy Spirit. So we wanted to include some other suggestions for home church. Check out the resources page
Share a testimony….
- “What small thing do you have to be thankful to God for this week?” Or, “How have you seen God’s goodness in your past week?”
- How are you going with your memorizing of John 15:12-13 or Matthew 6:33 from last week? Encourage each other in memorizing this. Have you been able to live this out this week? How?
- Easter is one week away. Take a moment to think how Jesus must have been feeling knowing that this coming week he would be betrayed, deserted by his friends, abandoned even by God on the cross and die for us and all of creation. How does this impact you?
- How can you create space each day this week to stop and remember what Jesus experienced and did for us in the lead up to Easter? (one suggestion could be to read parts of Luke 22-23 from Monday to Saturday)
- Discuss this with those in your house or, call someone from our campus and discuss with them.
Finishing Prayer / Blessing:
“May the Lord bless you and keep you; may he make his face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face towards you and give you peace; May you know now and in your week ahead, that you are his child through the unchangeable work of Jesus our king.”
We thank you for your encouragement after last weeks material!! We hope what we’ve put together here not only blesses you today, but helps you prepare for one of the most important weeks of the year for those who follow the Lord Jesus.
With our love and His,
Matt, Stef and Jimmy
September 11, 2020
September 10, 2020
August 28, 2020