Praying for one another
by Matt Hunt
It’s great to pray. It great to pray together! It’s great to pray for one another!! And I reckon it’s wonderfully encouraging to know when someone is praying for me! I’ve been reading through the Psalms in my bible reading this last month or so. The bible app I am using gives a list of prayer points with each reading. It has encouraged me to pray these matters not just for m, but also for others. For example, when I got to Psalm 24 it suggested praying along these lines …
- To see how God desires for you to clean your “hands” and purify your heart.
- As you confess, trust in God’s forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- That your actions, attitudes, and will would reflect God’s ways.
- For your heart to be open to the timing of answers from the Lord.
- For the ability to see God’s face and not serve anyone other than God.
- For a life of integrity, making good and true decisions when tempted to do otherwise.
As I prayed these matters with myself in mind I also thought I should pray them for my family, Robyn, Stephen, James and Ben. So I did. Then I thought, why don’t I tell them I prayed this for them!! So I put together a text on my phone including these points and sent the text to them saying I was praying for them. We were all encouraged by this – James even texted back saying “oh I meant to text you that we were praying for you at a recent new life event!”
Technology and prayer can be great partners. Let the people you are praying for, know you are praying for them, even as you pray this week. It’s a great way to walk arm-in-arm.
“1The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;
2for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters.
3Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place?
4The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god.
5They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior.
6Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob.”
September 11, 2020
September 10, 2020
August 28, 2020